Sunday, August 5, 2007

A day in LA!!!











So my oldest sister and i decided to go to "THE EDGE" dance studio on friday in LA. we are both pretty confident dancers and thought that this would be a "fun" thing to do. well, if you ever want a truly humbling experience...go to the edge. little did we know, the classes are pretty much for professionals, with no in between room. we truly had fun trying to catch on and stay with the class, but the moves just went too fast and we were left in the dust. after being home and processing everything, i get it now...but that doesn't help much. we also could over hear many of the dancers talking about the classes they teach and the gigs that they have, so obviously, they do this all for a full time living, which made us feel a little better.

so after we decided we had had enough public humiliation (which was not long) we decided LA is too fast pace for us and we might as well just go see some sights! a friend of mine had told me about this awesome cupcake place...you may have heard of it...called SPRINKLES!!! so the money we would have spent on all day dance classes we spent on cupcakes instead...oh the irony! well, nether of us know LA well and did not know how to get to Rodeo dr, but we figured if we drove around, surely we would find it...LA isn't that big....big mistake. we ended up driving, who know where and called my brother asking for directions. TWO HOURS later we found this stupid place. and the line was out the door and up the street. as we waited in line all we could think was "these cupcakes better be good!" the day ended up being more for the memories and experience! the cupcakes were good....but i'm not sure if they are $4 good...yah, that is what people pay for these things. either way, i don't think i could have laughed any harder or had any more fun that day then i did! such a total blast. i love my sister for being such a good sport and humoring me the whole way and yes we did finally make it home in one piece. so was it all worth it...you bet!!

so we are going to hit up OC dance classes extra hard and prepare for next summer when we will try to tackle LA again. just goes to show how much i love it right here in good old orange county! tomorrow (monday) we are leaving for the lake, so i will for sure update when i get back. i'm sure i will have plenty stories to tell. until then...

4 comments:

Rae said...

Oh man, the couple of experiences I had in LA last fall were similar (minus the dance classes and cupcakes.) I had two friends from college come down on different occasions and they both wanted to go up to LA and see sights. I thought, "How difficult could it be?" I felt so stupd, having lived an hour away from LA for almost 15 years, totally not knowing my way around. I got so lost and asked for directions so many times. One night when headed home after a night of dancing (oh wait, I guess it did include dancing, haha) I got on the wrong freeway and almost made it to Santa Barbara!! What a nightmare. We ended up not getting home until around 3 or 4am.
PS I knew you were kidding about the colors, it cracked me up!

Rae said...

PPS Jealous about the lake!!!

Christy said...

Every week I watch So You Think You Can Dance, I wish I was a dancer. By the way, they have a Sprinkles in Newport. They are yummy!

Rachel Gillie said...

Sounds like an adventure ... it would be fun to see dancers who could dance circles around you and Di (since you two are amazing)!