Sunday, July 29, 2007

Harry Potter Mania


So is it just me, or is Harry Potter everywhere?! I guess i am part to blame...i totally buy into all the hype. we saw the movie opening weekend and got the book the morning it came out (not like the midnight crazies...we woke up at normal time and picked it up at the store). anyway, jake and i are actually reading the 7th..so far so good, but we're not done yet. jake got ant-sy and was up til 2am last night reading, so i am on my own now!

anyway, blaine has also discovered harry potter. we let him watch the first 2 movies...just the beginning before it gets too scary and he loves them. note: the picture is of him and his cousins at legoland with lego-harry. SO HERE IS MY CUTE STORY: we were watching thefirst harry potter and blaine turned to us and asked "where is harry's mom and dad" i was a little blunt and just said they died, but jake being more subtle said "they had an accident" after jake's comment you could tell the wheels in blaine's were turning, and then very concerned and sincere, blaine asked "poop or potty?" of course i started busting up laughing, but good old jake just looked at me...be didn't get it. so i had to explain to him that he said harry potter's parents had an "accident" and in our house accidents mean poop or potty in pants! so fun how kids minds work. blaine is totally at the "AGE OF MANY QUESTIONS!"

tonight drving home from my parents house blaine made another classic observation. he pointed out the moon and said "look there's luna" (for all of you without kids, luna in a moon on a disney tv show...bear in the big blue house) i was excited that he made that connection, but then dissapointed he asked "but where is luna's mouth?" i can tell it will only get harder trying to explain the difference between pretend and reality! so much fun to come i can tell!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Glad to have you in the blogging community. It's a whole new world!

Rae said...

I seriously cracked up at the accident story. And I can totally hear you being like, "They died."
You should have seen the hype for HP here in the city. Holy cow! Crazies dressed up like it's their job. HP parties all over the city.

Rae said...

I loved your voicemail last night. Seriously. I saved it, and just relistened to it at work because it makes me so happy! You're so cute.
But you were very wrong....I wasn't asleep being a good girl, I was out, being a bad girl....muahahahaha.
I'll explain over the phone....it might have something to do with where I was going when I left you the voicemail. ;)
Miss you dollface.

Rae said...

HOLY MOLY!!! Guess what I just realized???? Monday was our FOURTEEN year anniversary! Wow. Next year we are DEFINITELY celebrating fifteen years of best friend bliss!
(I think this calls for a blog post.....keep your eye out.) :)

Christy said...

Cindy...I love your blog. Your family pictures are so cute. I am just reading about your sister...that is scary. I hope she continues to do well. It's been a crazy summer, I have barely seen you guys!