Saturday, May 3, 2014

Happy Birthday Junior

Happy Birthday to our sweet little boy Junior!!!  i'm pretty sure i say this every year, but i really CAN'T BELIEVE it's been 6 years!  wow, so much has happened in that time.  
 this year was particularly hard for me, because this was the first year since moving to Arizona that we were not in california to celebrate.  we have always been able to be out there on his birthday, but we could not make the trip this time.  i am so so so grateful that my parents still live close by the cemetery and that my mom was able to go by for us.  she brought him a rose and cleaned up his spot for us.  i am so grateful for that.


 our annual balloon release!  we were out late as a family at dinner, so by the time we got home it was dark...we still let them off and watched them fly up to junior's party in heaven!!
 my mom sent us some money to go out for a treat, and we had left over for some flowers too...so beautiful.  and my sister Karen came by to wish junior a happy birthday too with balloons and candy!!

i made a new picture this year to hang in our home...this is something that i have always wanted to do.  i was able to use one of my favorite quotes and add Junior's actual foot/hand prints to it.  they are so small...but still fully developed with is so amazing to me.  he was such a little guy!  i think another reason why this year was really hard on me was because i friend of mine just lost a baby of hers this month too.  my heart was breaking watching her family go through all the same things we went through and it brought back all those emotions from 6 years ago.  losing a child isn't something ANY parent should have to go through, but i can tell you i have seen so many blessing in our lives because of it.  even just having a deeper understanding of the gospel and eternal families...it's also allows me to help others going through similar situations (at least i like to think it does).  as much as i still wish he was here with us, i am so grateful to know i will see him and raise him again some day!  Blaine asked me the other day...."i wonder what he would be like?  Ty and i are so different, i wondering if he would be more like me or ty?"  i would like to think he would would be his own little person.  each of my kids have touched me and affected me in so many ways, even in Juniors short time with us he has changed me and continues too all the time.  i love you baby and can't wait til we are reunited again!  mama will always love you!  xoxoxo

0 comments: