Sunday, May 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Junior

I can't believe this day is already here! One year ago today our lives were changed and would never be the same. One year ago today we lost our sweet little boy Junior. i thought by now i would be "ok" or at least feel differently, but i don't. Each day is still a struggle....everyday i still think of what could have been and every day i miss my little boy. i will admit we have learned a lot this last year and we have definitely grown closer as a family. it's just weird, i didn't know how i would feel today and i still don't. i am at a loss for words....so many emotions. but what i do know is that i am very grateful for the knowledge i have in the plan of salvation....the plan of happiness...and i am so happy to know that someday we will be with Junior again and get to hug him and kiss him. i truly look forward to that great day!

so today has been pretty mellow. we went to church and spent lots of time together as a family. we also went to the cemetery and spent some time there. we brought flowers and balloons to decorate his brick and the Angel of Hope. it is always sad when we go, but also so peaceful and beautiful. While talking with Blaine he looked up at us and asked "How will I know Junior when i get to heaven?!" we reassured him that we will know him and Junior will know us and Blaine...his brother. We have so many great people in heaven watching over and taking care of Junior for us right now! We then came home and made cupcakes to try and lighten things up a bit....cupcakes always make me smile. I am still at a loss for words at the end of the day and i still miss my little boy, but i am just so grateful for a loving family, Jake and Blaine....They are such blessings to me. Here's to another year.....and
Happy Birthday Junior.....
we miss you and love you so much!...i found couple cute quotes to help express what i am feeling right now:
"Some people only dream of angels...we held one in our arms!'
"beacause someone we love is in Heaven, we feel a little bit of Heaven in our Home!"

7 comments:

Vanessa said...

Thinking of you guys, today. My prayers and hugs are with you. I'm glad that you were able to spend the day together as a family:) Hugs!

Koreena said...

Hey, Cindy. I confess to blog stalking you for a few weeks, but I've come out of the closet to say how sorry I am for your loss. I'm sure that is one special angel waiting for you in heaven. :)

We miss you guys. Hope everything else is going well for you.

The Boyd Family said...

I admire your strength and faith. Thinking of you and your family.

April said...

HI Cindy, thanks so much for leaving a comment. I am so sorry, wow 1 year. I can only imagine how that must feel. I hope it continues to get better and better. Happy Angel day!

charlesfam said...

I've been very impressed over the last year. Your family has a strength to it that has just grown stronger. You're good people. Things like this help us remember to hug those near us more often. Junior knows you love him, too.

J-Dub said...

Aren't you glad you know the "good news"? The plan is perfect.

Christy said...

That is a sweet post, Cindy. I cannot believe it has been a year. It probably feels like it has been fast but then super long at the same time. Maybe you need some caramel brownies?