Saturday, April 11, 2009

ADVENTURE DAY!!!!

a couple years ago in the spring time, when my older brother was living down here, we would try and go some place new every Wednesday...this was usually a park or on a hike of some kind. anyway, it was always so much fun and it always made me so grateful to live in such a beautiful place! where else can you go to the beach in December?! of course life always seems to get busy and my brother moved back to Washington, so we haven't been getting out to new places very often....but that is going to stop. i am decided to start getting out to new places again. it will be re-instituted as:

ADVENTURE DAY THURSDAY!!!!
(Thursdays now work better for me then Wednesdays)
and lucky for me i now have a sister who lives close by and she will be accompanying Blaine and me on our adventures! (and of course little Aaron!) so last Thursday we had a first adventure...nothing too "adventurous" but it was still awesome. we have to start slow and then we can get into the cool new places! (and anyone who lives down here by me is also welcome to join us on our day out!)
For our first adventure, we went to the beautiful Montage Hotel on PCH and they have some really nice pathways. the landscape and scenery is so beautiful...and Carrie had never been there before, so it was new to her. They also have really great tide pools down on the beach there, but we got down to the sand and decided NOT to drag the strollers through the sand and rocks! next time we will remember the front carriers so we can take them out!...it was still fun!~

i LOVE this picture of Aaron! i am so glad we are able to take him on our adventures...he loves being outside!And this was just a cute picture of Carrie and Kaylie. too bad Kaylie slept through most of our journey...but at least she woke up at the end to enjoy the view!

2 comments:

The Trotter Family said...

Great idea! I think I take for granted that I live right here and never really get out. I need to experience more of it!

charlesfam said...

I love the idea. I think everyone could benefit from such adventures.