Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Family Update...

Well, i would just like to start by saying thank you, thank you! words can not express our gratitude for how generous and wonderful everyone has been to us. thank you so much for all your kind comments on our blog, for notes, calls, text messages, visits, flowers, food but mainly for all of your love and support! we have been truly blessed with amazing family and friends! knowing that so many people care for us and have kept us in their prayers has really been touching, so thank you again!

Today was our REAL first step back into reality! both Jake and i had to go back to work (not dancing for cindy...doctor work) and Blaine went back to playgroups and karate! Jake's work was been so nice and let him have monday and tuesday off to spend time at home. we have really been able to bond and grow stronger as a family! we are doing pretty ok! Jake and i were also able to go to the temple last night which was really a neat experience for us! we have never been filled with so much joy and felt so comforted! Physically I am starting to feel some pain. all the postpartum stuff has kicked in which is not fun....especially my milk coming in....so painful! :( and i can not do any real physical stuff for 4-6 weeks, so no dancing for awhile!

Blaine has been nothing but a blessing for us! he is so strong and has helped us more than i think we have helped him! :) he was sad at first that he would not be a big brother yet, but the hospital gave us a children's book to help him with his coping. it is titled "We were going to have a baby, but we had an Angel instead!" it helped Blaine understand that Junior is now an angel and watching over us! He loves to talk about his Angel Junior! Blaine is such a light to us! Thanks again to everyone who has had Blaine over to play this week, he has loved going to so many friends houses and the park! (since Jake and i have just been shlooping around the house!)

So thanks again to everyone! we are doing well and we will survive! again, please don't feel awkward around us! we are still normal people...and we love talking to everyone! we are just taking everything one day at a time. like the saying from the movie "Meet the Robinsons,"
KEEP MOVING FORWARD!!!

7 comments:

Prior Family said...

Blaine's a cutie. Give him an extra hug. I am glad that you are doing okay. I love ya kiddo. I can't wait to see you guys this summer.

Jake and Rachelle said...

I'm glad you guys are doing okay. Kids always seem to help make things better and give us an eternal perspective on things.

Christy said...

Kids are amazing. I'm sure Blaine has been wonderful. Sorry you have to get back to reality. That is never fun. I think of you all the time.

Marcus and Amy said...

Cindy, I am sorry for your loss! I am glad you guys are doing better though! You are in our thoughts and prayers! Blaine sounds like such a cute and sweet boy! You are lucky! Keep smiling!

Prior Family said...

Cindy,
Thanks for HiJacking my blog. That video always makes me laugh. I will have to ask you how to download videos. Every time I try to download anything it takes forever or won't go through.

Love ya, Have a good one.
Di

The Trotter Family said...

I just found your blog and wanted to see what was going on with your family. I am sorry for your loss and I am glad you guys are all doing well. I hope you heal quickly!

paintingyoupretty said...

Cindy you are so strong. Such a great example. Good luck with everything.