Sunday, January 18, 2009

Our New Addition

So we would like to introduce everyone to the newest member of our family:


ISABELLA BLU
....but we just call her BeLLa
(the only reason why she has a full name is in case she gets in trouble...so we have something to yell at her!) We have been looking to adopt a cat for a loooonnnggg time, but so many things have gone wrong in the process. (i'm sure most of you have heard our crazy stories!) It's kind of a long story how we got Bella, but we are just glad that we have her now. we got her friday night....she is about 7 and a half months old...so not a total kitten, but still not full grown. she is so sweet and we love her to pieces. she is DEFINITELY a "daddy's girl". she LOVES jake and if he's not around, she follows blaine. the first night with her was like having a brand new baby all over again. every little move she made we would look around to make sure she was ok or just to see what she was doing. and then at 4:30 am she was wide awake and ready to play. she would run from the farthest corner downstairs all the way up the stairs and to the top corner of our bedroom over and over and OVER again. and sometimes she would even use jake's tummy as a spring board to leap into the corner behind the night stand. crazy girl. but since then she has calmed down and gotten a little more used to us. WE LOVE OUR BELLA GIRL!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's is just too cute. Thank you so much for giving her a loving home. Had it been my time for another little one, it would have worked out that way, but I think she got the best thing for her! I love the new collar and of course the middle name makes her all the more the "Bella" of the ball... Admittedly, it was nice to get my place back in order, amazing what one little rascal can do to a place, well of course, when you let her! I actually was falling asleep on Saturday night and thought I heard the kitchen faucet running! Can't wait for more updates. I hope this is the start of a wonderful 2009 for you all. KW.

Prior Family said...

I didn't know you finally got a cat. She's beautiful. I hope you enjoy her. Is she potty trained? I still can't get my 3 year old to see the point in doing it. Maybe that's why I don't have any large animals.

charlesfam said...

She's beautiful. I wish Nick weren't allergic to cats. I'd love to have one. Give her a love for us.