Thursday, February 28, 2008

RECYCLE!!

So, some of you know that Blaine started a recycle business to help earn money for karate. (we stole the idea from the marocchi's) we wanted him to start learning the value of money/saving/tithing....and also, karate was a little more money then what fit in our budget, so we needed to find a way to make some extra cash! we have been collecting for about 3 weeks and we thought we would take in our first load to the recycle center. we loaded up the car, which was jammed packed, and i thought for sure this kid would make out with a bunch of money.....NOT SO MUCH! after all our hard work and efforts, we ened up with a whopping $23.70!!! are you kidding me?! well, blaine was really excited, and this just means we have to work even harder to earn the extra money we need! oh well, we will keep working! :)

the car fully loaded..this is just the trunk, the front seats were also full!
blaine with his first cash pay out! what a happy kid! :)

5 comments:

Johansen Family said...

Cindy, what a cute kid! I love how proud he looks holding all his money! E-mail me sometime kimberly_johansen@yahoo.com
Kimberly

Anonymous said...

I have a half-brother who does this exclusively (by that, I mean that he seems not to do anything but collect cans...ever!). He makes a lot of money doing so, but sure takes a lot of time , travel, and effort. He practically goes door to door asking for cans. He sets up collection boxes at church, etc. It is serious business for him.

I commend you on your efforts to help Blaine. We can't wait to see you guys soon!

Wade

Jake and Rachelle said...

What a good idea! You are teaching money manangement and recycling at once!

Ryan and Laura said...

Cindy-lou! So glad you found me- I must admit I've been a fan of your blog for awhile. I can't remember if I found it from blog-stalking or if you told me the link just before we moved...either way. Glad to have found you, again! I wish I spent more time in Cali so we could hang out. I think I'll be there in April next for a wedding. I'd love to see you if there are enough minutes in the day. Tell Blaine that Tyler says hi.

Anonymous said...

Good thing you didn't sign the kid up for hockey. He'd have to practically donate a kidney to afford that sport. Haha! Way to go on enforcing such a great concept. Me is very impressed. I just ask, "Who do I make the check out to?"