Sunday, September 4, 2011

Pig Party

to kick off the last weekend of Summer...we decided to have a PIG block party! our neighbors have talked about it for years and we finally just went for it! it was such a fun day. we spent all day outside talking, playing and roasting pig.

********WARNING**********
there are pictures of the pig being roasted, so if it's going to gross you out, dont look! it actually grossed me out for awhile at first!!
i will start with a cute picture of the kids selling lemonade!
and here it is...the main event! we all had to take 30 minute shifts turning the pig. it was kind of fun...not to mention a good shoulder workout. everyone else was just out hangin (ps, don't mind me...i just got back from my run, so i took my turning shift when i was already stinky and sweaty)

the neighborhood kids playing i the pool. we had our slip and slide out too. it was a perfect water day!
and TA DAAAA! the final produce. isn't she pretty!!?? the apple was added for effect! it was such a great day. starting at 9 all the way til about 10pm.

1 comments:

Prior Family said...

Where in the world did you go to buy a whole pig. I can't believe you guys did that. I can't say that it's something I'm tempted to try, but hey, it looks like you guys had fun.