Sunday, October 25, 2009

School "Fall Festival"

Blaine's school had a "Fall Festival" party on Friday and it was so fun! it still blows my mind that i have a child old enough to be having "School Functions!"...well, it blows my mind that he is in kindergarten at all! Big boy. anyway, of course i told myself i wasn't going to get "too involved" with too much stuff, i just wanted to coast through school....but some how i ended up "room mom" and PTA mom and running around like crazy organizing everything...funny how that works. i guess i am more like my mom then i thought!

Blaine helped me make cute sugar cookies to sell at the bake sale...and i am proud to say that with as much treats/food as they had...all my cookies SOLD OUT! :)
The kids started with a parade around the quad area...here is Blaine with some of his friends from class....Blaine really likes Maddie (gypsy costume) and Natalie (standing next to him)...i think he has a crush on both girls because they are all he talks about!

and this is Blaine with his BEST FRIEND from school Pedro! they play and eat lunch together everyday
Jedi Blaine and Clone Trooper Noah....Noah is our next door neighbor. he is in 2nd grade, but the boys still play together everyday!there was this cool giant slide you could buy tickets for...and Blaine loved it. he went down 5 times!
we made it through our first major school function/party....the first of many. it was a total blast, but now we know for next time to come prepared with lots of one dollar bills so we can "contribute" more....everything cost a pretty penny! but it's all for a good cause right?!?!

3 comments:

Rae said...

Mmmmm, I miss your baking. Those cookies look SO GOOD! :)

The Trotter Family said...

Wow, your cookies were adorable. of course they would sell out. Do you work at Mrs. Fields on the side or something? Just kidding. Really cute though!

Lisa Christine said...

I love where you wrote that you are turning out like your mom :) What a wonderful person to be like!

I am currently the YW president in my ward, and I am ALWAYS thinking back to how wonderful my YW experience was as a youth....because of your mom! And I try to be as much like her as I can so that the YW in my ward can have as good a time as I always did!:)